Duties & Responsibilities
- Offering helpdesk (hardware & software) to Bitunil community.
- Implementing preventive maintenance plans to the IT resources (hardware & software).
- Maintaining IT related resources.
- Implementing plans for improving the IT resources environment.
- Handling inventory of the department's computer accessories and consumables.
- Implementing daily IT Specialist tasks.
- Troubleshooting any problem prohibiting users from accessing network objects.
- Utilize the tracking software for documenting problem resolutions, keeping inventory current and responding to service requests.
- Assist in training for new Desktop technicians ensuring that they are familiar with various functions, duties, documentation and personnel to minimize interruptions to the users.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all the equipment and systems supported by the IT Service Desk by keeping current with all documentation and by working with the network administration staff.
- Utilize a good working knowledge of the operating systems and of the on-line applications to provide end-users with uninterrupted support whenever possible.
- Adhere to schedule for on-site desktop support
- Provide technical support for distributed computing functions and equipment, both in response to reported problems and service requests.
- Provide follow up and progress updates to the employees.
Computer Engineering background with min. 6 years experience in IT , proven track record in the same capacity, excellent communication skills is required, and good command of English. CCNA, MCSE.