Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for budgeting, cost management, performance evaluation and asset management within the company
• Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system
• Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
• Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts
• Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues
• Update standard costs in the bill of materials
• Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
• Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
• Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
• Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
• Report on breakeven points
• Report on margins by product and division
• Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
• Analyze capital budgeting requests
• Analyze monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
• Direct the preparation of regular and special budget reports.
• Consult with managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with operations changes.
• Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of expenditure requests.
B.Sc commerce with min. 3-4 years experience in relevant field, proven track record in the same capacity, excellent communication skills is required, and good command of English.