Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as the first point of contact for Bitunil staff for any issue concerning health and safety.
- Assist Bitunil to put in place policies and implement plans for health and safety issues.
- Ensure all accidents are correctly reported in accordance with the OSHAS 18001 and root cause analysis has been done.
- Ensure that safe work systems are implemented by maintaining up-to-date risk assessments.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained and information is only shared on a ‘need to know’ basis.
- Report identified hazards and appropriate risk control measures to the Management Representative.
- Assist in identifying appropriate training programs in occupational health and safety and environment.
- Conduct annual workplace audits to identify hazards and unsafe workplace conditions and work practices.
- Evaluate the circumstances of work injury, illness and dangerous events, identify any corrective action and request any additional resources or assistance required to undertake this corrective action.
- Ensure that adequate time and resources are available and highlight any shortfall to Management Representative.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislations and corresponding Bitunil's procedures.
- Ensure that all manual handling activities have a current, suitable, written risk assessment (e.g. as part of the activity-based risk assessment and, where appropriate, a separate, specific manual handling risk assessment). As part of this risk assessment process, ensure that effective control measures are implemented within a specified time scale, and reassessments planned.
- Allow adequate time and resources for staff to attend training courses for manual handling, risk assessment and ensure that they do so.
- Ensure that any equipment purchased is appropriate for the task and well maintained.
- Ensure that all users of different equipment receive suitable information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Ensure that employees are properly supervised and follow relevant safe work systems.
- Ensure that manual handling practices are monitored for compliance and appropriate actions taken, when necessary.
- Ensure that any manual handling accidents or near-miss incidents are investigated and remedial action is taken.
- Ensure that monitoring takes place to measure the effectiveness of controls and compliance with Bitunil's standards.
- Ensure that the internal audits are carried out regularly by the appropriate way and send the audits summary report to the Management Representative.
Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with min. 4 years experience in HSE , proven track record in the same capacity, excellent communication and analytical skills is required, and good command of English. Managerial personality.